Friday, June 19, 2009

July 4th

The Fourth of July has always been a fun holiday for my family. Sometimes a dangerous holiday because every man and boy thinks they know how to light fireworks but there is always a mishap. A burning tree or a misdirected firework that shoots into a gas can, that by the way was on a porch full of people. Or there was the time when the floats were left on the porch and while we were all ooowwing and awwing over the fireworks grandma slipped on the float and almost broke her back, but other than that it is fun. One year we even had an Elvis impersonator. (Thinkng back on that he was really strange, not my idea) We finally got wise and now we take the boats out to watch the fireworks on the lake, this works well if the storms hold off. Maybe instead of saying it is fun I should say it is adventerous. Anyway it will be here before we know it:
So with that on my mind,
If I was gonna have a July 4th Party I would send out one of these:

And maybe I would serve this:


Of course everyone would bring a covered dish cause that's just what you do on the 4th!



My backyard and table would have these decorations:


And of course there would be lots and lots of these:
And these are the things I probably wouldn't have but to each his own:

Also, I would like this to be my house for the day:
or this:
And last but not least this would be the most fun.

I better get busy it will be here soon!

7 comments:

KK said...

Love those first 2 invites!! 4th of July and Halloween are my favorite holidays!!

Snooty Primadona said...

Okay, I want to come party with your family on the 4th! We used to do all that when we still had our lake house. I miss it terribly!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Way too much cuteness for one post!

Little Bow Prep said...

Cool finds!

I can't believe it's almost July!

Preppy Pearl Girl said...

Can I fly home if any of this takes place?

Genny said...

Happy 4th! Hope you have no mishaps this year!

Alejandra said...

Thank you so much for your nice comments!